The Fit2Play Workshop is for fitness professionals and coaches that work with student athletes. This is about developing what lies underneath athletic performance — the fundamental movement skills. We call it the Underpinning of Athleticism.
Without movement competency, athletes will never reach their full potential and will often experience unnecessary injuries along the way.
There’s a lot of information telling you how to increase strength, power, speed, agility, and quickness (performance training). Where the profession has missed the mark is preparation — what to do first. Things like running, jumping, planting, cutting, and changing directions – basic fundamental movement skills that athletes should possess and do not.
Learning how to implement the framework will help minimize injury and increase performance by focusing on fundamental movement — then performance.
- The Underpinning of Athleticism.
- Athletic development, injury prevention, and performance training.
- A Practical and Sustainable model.
- Screen / Test / Assess / Train.
- Mobility / Stability / Flexibility.
- Flows, WarmUp, CNS Prep.
- Running form (deceleration / acceleration, planting, cutting, and changing directions).
- Jumping / Landing
- Climbing and Crawling
- Sensitive periods of movement abilities.
- As a by-product of purposeful practice.
- Doing the right amount of the right stuff at the right time.
- The multi-sport athlete.
- Plan “B”
- More is not better, better is better.
- How to manage the variables: Volume, Intensity, Complexity, Frequency.
- Catching and Correcting inefficiencies.
- Progressions / Regressions.
- Fitting It All In.
The workshop will provide you with a safe and efficient path for athletic development. You’ll come away with practical information you can use immediately — this includes support pre- and post workshop. Please use the contact form for more information.